Monday, December 28, 2009

12-28-09

This morning was an early riser. My staff called with a situation at work so I dashed outta here around 4:37am. Dealt with that and was back by 6am or so.

I find that my most productive time of the day is definitely very early in the morning. When I got back to the house I dove into all my paperwork and billpaying and all the while monitoring the "situation" at work.



Today I'm working on making spaghetti sauce with Casey. As previously mentioned, I love Yarusso's sauce. Their sauce is a step above Chef Boy-r-dee. I mean it's not bold and tangy like a Buca sauce or Prego or whatever. It's real tomato based and limited spices. I bought some plain ol' 28oz cans of Hunts Sauce. Plain. In a boiler pot I stirfried garlic, chopped onions, white pepper, olive oil, salt, and pepper. When the onions got soft, I stirred them into the sauce. I added about 1c of red wine to the sauce and 2 Tbsp olive oil (liberal with the olive oil). The thing that is missing is boiled and peeled fresh tomatoes. I think it's all about the fresh tomatoes and either straining the seeds or not. I don't see much taste difference in not straining. Right now it's on very low and simmering for about 4 hours. I'll make the meatballs later.



Casey has been recommended to be on tummy time at least 3x a day for 5-10min. He doesn't really care for tummy time. I also heard that if he sleeps on his back all the time he'll have a flat back-of-the-head. I think he's going to turn out just fine.

I bet Yolanda at the YMCA has been wondering where we have been? I hit the gym hard yesterday in West St. Paul. Did 1 hour cardio and full lifting cycle. I'm just caught up in cooking right now. (only an excuse).