Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 10, 2009

Casey is 2 months old today. I like my new work schedule because it's quiet in the middle of the night and I can get a lot of things done, plus it frees up my days to be with my son. I just have this sneakin suspicion out of all the relationships in my life, this one is going to be the most defining and important. I can't wait to spend time with him everday. I love being domestic and having the house cleaned up and dinner on for when Kristi gets home. Yesterday I was asking myself, "Maybe what you wanted to be when you grew up was a "home-maker". I think it may be true.

Again, more gym time today. Made some picture collages for relatives. Updated the Flickr and continued working on jasonfladager.com

Friday's Big Wu Dean Magraw benefit show will be my last show with the band. It's funny how much I loved that band but I fail in trying to navigate the various personalities. I think back to 2000-2001 when we were firing on all cylinders and blowing people away at the first Bonnaroo. Actually, yesterday there was an email from a guy in Florida named Octavia who just heard Break of Day for the first time (13 years after it first came out). He was blown away by the sound, the words and the vibe.

Man, I loved that band and the people who supported us.

I'm twittering with Jim Carrey now.

Honestly I look forward to the gym tomorrow. The new Blaisdell YMCA is awesome. I remember when it looked like an old elementary school building from old times; and probably had a hell of a rowing machine. Casey makes me go to the Y everyday which is cool. I dig my new job.

This wine is average.

Looking forward to recording Bird on a Wing with Kristi. I think that is by far the best Wu song ever written. Miller nails it. Great chord changes. The bridge is damn near holy. The lyrics make Celine Dion cry they are so good. Al's lapsteel solo soars then the song aches you on towards the final chorus (different than the previous choruses). Bravo Miller! I will contact Taylor Swift to see if she'll give it a rip.