Saturday, November 28, 2009

11-28-2009

Today I woke up around 11am to Emma and Kristi cooing and playing with Casey, trying to get him to talk. He's getting pretty good at echoing "hi" and "Oh!". Kristi is off for tanning and Emma is back home after being with us for two days. My gosh she is getting to be a young lady. She is a very great big sister and leader of all the Jessop/Fladager offspring.

Yesterday I worked most of the morning scrambling to get a new computer for the house where I work. Reorganized a lot of the closets with my great staff and spent some time catching up on work stuff. Drove home around 3 and Kristi, Casey, and I all went to the YMCA. I did 40 minutes cardio and hit the sauna and hot tub. The girls swam mostly. Something is all messed up in my back again. It's like it was maybe 3 years ago. Once I'm up and walking around I don't noticed it but getting out of a car or anything where I'm really trying to get out of seated position is very difficult. Not sure what is going on there, but after years of dealing with this I've come to find the answer is always EXERCISE. In fact I truly believe that the answer to pretty much every question is EXERCISE: "I'm bored what should I do?" Exercise. "I'm tired" Exercise. "My back hurts." Exercise. When I get on my soap box I say that it's all about Mind-Body-Spirit. If one of those is outta whack you have to work on it. If your spirit is a mess, work on the body. Mind is a mess? Then work on the Spirit. Exercise seems to be the vehicle for balance.

Last night after the gym we all went out for Mexican food and FINALLY discovered a really good Mexican restaurant, in part thanks to a recommendation by our friend Kevin Dorsey. I have to tell my Dad about this place because he's been searching for the golden fleece of chile rellenos for many years now. Pancho Villas on Nicollet and 26th is what I'm talkin about. They have the really authentic stuff that will stare back at you while you eat it. They also have Mexican/American items. Great chips. Apparently on your birthday, your first SIX drinks are free. Anyway, the food was great and we told the manager that it's the best mexican restaurante we've been to in Minneapolis and we would return.

Last night Emma and I fiddled downstairs in the man cave with tracking her singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". By the time I figured out what I was doing in Ableton, we decided to watch "Best in Show" on OnDemand. Love that movie.

So this morning Kristi is starting off with a tanning session at Cabana Tan. Emma is back to mom's. Casey is napping and I am blogging in.

Emma went and bought some coffee for us at Sister's Sludge. I love the shop, I love the triplets who own and operate the bistro, but I still have yet to say...hey, this is the best coffee. We've tried everything from there and the only reason I go there is the say howdy to the neighbors and maybe amp up with a triple espresso.

Ok so ended up hitting the gym hard and getting ready for a work trip to South Beach today. Had a nice wheat pasta pesto dinner before watching the annual National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Didn't quite make it to end. Wound up cleaning the basement studio and getting things hooked up for chorus practice tomorrow.

Got somethings done today. Back still messed up but working on it. Weigh in is Thursday at 6pm. I haven't checked it out since I was 238 at last weigh in. So we'll see.

It's Fat Club.