Monday, March 15, 2010

3-15-10

Watched Up In the Air last night with Kristi. What a great movie. Took you on a spin. What's really important in life and what is a "grown up" actually? Highly suggest watching it. I agree with Kristi that it "makes me grateful for my co-pilot". I love that...co-pilot.

So Umphrey's McGee was in town this weekend. We had our annual Vega Productions birthday bash (5th anniversary) at the Fine Line like last year. I made it over to First Ave earlier because the band signed a guitar and poster for our silent auction. It was good to see those guys.

They have always been genuinely good to us/me over the years and this year was no exception. I had to return to favor. I gave Jake and Brenden my Ted Vig custom tiger-eye Strat body guitar that we made way back in 1998. Maybe they will use it...maybe they'll use it for a canoe paddle I don't really know...but I felt like doing something. I think they were at the end of their big Spring tour and didn't do much partying after their show. Maybe they have been fooling me all these years with their kindness but really when our backs are turned who knows what they say.

It's been so nice out, yesterday we went for a family walk around the lake. Girls, Casey and Kristi and I. Nokomis was packed with people. I think it was Casey's first trip around the lake in a stroller. That was fun. My new New Balance gave me a blister.

Today we'll hit the gym and it's Coastal Seafood's day. However we are going to skip it and go for brown rice and something light tonight. Really need to keep up with the Wellness.

At this point, I'm not sure what is going to happen next musically. I can't decide if I want to keep pursuing the venue manager thing or start a new project...maybe I'll work on a solo record. I really should do that.... cause I'm self absorbed.