Thursday, February 4, 2010

2-4-10

Just got back from Crave and contact lenses with Emma.

I had such a great time hanging with my 12 year old. I have to admit my daughters are the greatest. Emma got contacts and we had sushi for dinner.

Catching up, I just got back from the BWCA winter dogsled adventure. I do this every year with DCI. We bring a bunch of people up north to Camp Menogyn on Bear Skin Lake.

This year I pulled a ten pound lake trout out of the ice. My first time ice fishing. We brought it back to camp and baked it in the oven with lemon and salt/pepper. It was fabulous.

This weekend I have a show at SWT. Haiti benefit show. I'm scrambling to find mics and mic cables, but thanks to my good friends in Absolut Gruv I think we got it covered.

SWT. I'm not sure what to say about that right now. Still in flux.

I'm back on the health kick. The dogsled weekend was a good kick start to wellness. My good bass player buddy Tony Franklin is inspiring me to live clean and healthy. It's the only way. I always say Mind Body Spirit...and we often forget the body part. Need to take care of yourself. One more year and I turn forty. Hello old man.

I have a new Toshiba laptop now. We took in our computer we got back in 2007. It would cost about 500+ to get it repaired, put in a new battery, and get all the bugs out of it, so for 100 bucks more we upgraded. Big screen. Windows 7. Just transferring all the data from the other computer is going to take some time.

It was nice to be up in the BWCA but it's twice as nice to be home with Kristi and Casey. Casey is amazing. He has the coolest hair. I just got mine chopped by Kristi's friend Heather. Pretty short. These days I just say "#4 clippers all around". I've had way too many hairstyles over the years. My cousins can attest.

Next weekend we are doing our annual GJ Valentine's show and this time doing some Paul McCartney music with singers Mitch, John Heinen, and Tom Collins. Just rehearsed "Jet" today with Tom. Looking forward to the night. I need a good night of ragin some tunes at the Cabooze. I tried to think of how many shows I've played at that venue over the years and I can't even tell you. Someday, maybe they'll dedicate the green room to me. Bah.

At this moment, I can't think of a time in my life where more things are happening all at once.

My friend Nicholas Mrozinski and I have been playing every Sunday at the SWT from 11-2pm. Great breakfast, brunch and bloody marys.

Full steam ahead. Family. Health. Making it happen.