Wednesday, November 3, 2010

11-3-2010

I am upset with our political system. I think we have no options. I voted Democrat accross the board yesterday and only because I'm voting so people with disabilities can continue to get services they depend on. But I thought about this. I really would like a small government with lots of freedom but I can't buy the Right Wing social agenda that goes along with it....I think the country needs to be much more socially liberal yet have smaller Gov. So guess what, I don't fit the bill for either party. I'm sick of voting for things I don't believe in!

But I think that is right where I'm supposed to be in the eyes of the people who have power. It's time to fight the power and stop being apathetic. Some real change has to happen and fast. I think we're going to see some great artists come out of changing times in America.

Progress is not moving fast enough and people are getting pissed. People who have been diligently working and striving toward peaceful communities and better-ness for people are getting pissed. We are not seeing the "change" fast enough. It's going to be interesting to see where this thing goes.

In the meantime, I'm refreshing my Rage Against the Machine and growing more determined.

(NIck DeLaRocha from RATM) "We played this show at Coachella Pavilion. It was our first show back. I said a few things from the stage, and the next day Fox News ran this whole piece about us saying that the Presidents should be assassinated. But those fascists always get it wrong when they just want to pin a band in the corner for standing up. What we said was that the whole Bush Administration should be put on trial for war crimes and then hung and then shot, that's what we said.

But besides that it made me think about something. It made me think, "what are they so afraid of?" It made me think about what scares them. Is it really four musicians from Los Angeles who've got a point of view? Is it really just this music and these rhythms and these words? Is that what they're scared of? I thought I'd think about it and you know what? My conclusion is this: nah, they ain't scared of us, they're scared of you! They're scared that you might come election time and throw Bush and Cheney and all them fascists out of power! That's what they're scared of!

And let me say this: the Democrats are scared of you too! Because they know that you see through their bullshit too. Because when Bush was wiretapping, spying on citizens, torturing innocent people – they were supposed to be the people to defend us from them, and they didn't do shit! So the Democrats are scared of you too. Why? Because they know they're coming to power and they're taking it all for granted, but they're scared because they know that if they don't start fucking pulling troops from Iraq that you're going to go and burn down every office of every Senator that doesn't do the job.

Well I will say this, that the world is watching us now. The whole world is watching us. The brothers and sisters in South America who are dealing with this imperialist violence have got their eyes on us. Our brothers and sisters in Iraq got their eyes on us. Because we are the ones that are prepared to, and going to, put an end to this nonsense. So Wake Up. Come on, Wake Up! Wake Up!" (Summer 2010)