Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5-11-10

..so i'm on my way back from the State Capitol at around 1pm on a rainy Tuesday...driving along Lake Nokomis on Cedar, and what do I see? Mpls Parks Worker WATERING trees in the rain.

Normally I would just drive by and say, "ah, another lazy city employee".

I went to Japan once. You should see how fast those city workers work. They run to get the job done!

Anyway, I was at the Capitol with 40 other people with disabilities holding up signs, and hoping to convince the legislators to not cut services to people with disabilities (real disabilities...like Down's Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy...stuff you are born with....not the guy sitting on the couch collecting unemployment because he's faking a back injury and just too lazy to work...)

So, here we are trying to save dental services for people with disabilities (because the Gov's teeth are more important right?) and on my way home I see my tax dollars watering trees in the rain.

I thought I would share that story as best I could.

Sometimes it's like pushing a giant marshmallow up a hill.